< Back to Drowsy Driving
Drowsy Driving Warning Signs
You may think that you are alert when you get behind the wheel. But feelings of drowsiness can increase during your trip. How do you know that you are becoming drowsy while driving?
You should learn to recognize these eight warning signs for drowsy driving:
- You keep yawning.
- You are unable to keep your eyes open.
- You catch yourself “nodding off” and have trouble keeping your head up.
- You can’t remember driving the last few miles.
- You end up too close to cars in front of you.
- You miss road signs or drive past your turn.
- You drift into the other lane of traffic.
- You drift onto the “rumble strip” or onto the shoulder of the road.